we spent the past few days in deer park (near houston) with one of our favorite families ever: the blockers! deer park, apparently, is the 'birthplace of texas' because that's where the texans fought the battle that secured their independence from mexico---or so it goes according to one justin blocker. anyway, we love those guys.
- fried turkey---unbelievable
- bacon-wrapped-brown-sugar-cured green beans (the green beans function only as a vehicle for more bacon)
- hot tub
- track workout in pouring rain
- anvil: if you're ever in houston, go to this bar
- grilled steaks and great talks with justin, jayson, lizzie, brooklyn, and baby brody
- late nights and sleep-ins
- a good laugh over the maxima's amazing ability to endure anything, even F-350s knocking on her bumper
- listening to the lumineers on the drive back home today
- pad thai to finish out the weekend...just couldn't help ourselves
getting back to real life tomorrow is not going to be pleasant! but the good news is: Christmas!
|the knickerbocker: deeelicious!|
|pleeease take note of mark's dainty glass|
|again, notice mark's glass|
|little miss brooklyn helping out in the kitchen|
|mark's only consolation today after realizing he left his travel mug at the blockers' house: the saga continues|
|mine is the cinnamon sugar one!|
hope everyone had a wonderful thanksgiving!